Oh yes I did!!! That is officially a first for me. A new friend of mine suggested I read the Dark-Hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon. She swore they were "super amazing" and I need to make it through 52 books somehow so I figured eh, why not? I was thinking too that this might get Nate off my case for reading teenage vampire novels! Now I'm just reading adult vampire-ish novels ;-)
I'm not even going to lie. I was a little embarrassed to purchase a book titled Fantasy Lover with a picture of a seductive looking man on the front. Especially since the salesperson at Borders happened to be a teenage boy. Sometimes I am so glad I am not telepathic!
I also do not consider myself a "book porn" kind of gal! I'm no prude, but it just has never appealed to me. Luckily for me, this book had an actual solid story line that was not porn! I mean don't get me wrong, there's definitely porn-ish sections but it wasn't all about that. It stole my heart when it started bringing in Greek mythology. I loved this book! I'm glad my friend Tara recommended it and I have since loaned my copy to another friend of mine who is looking for a new series to get into. And for next week I am reading the next book in the series, Night Pleasures. (Yes I had to buy that from another teenage boy sales clerk. Borders really ought to start hiring more adult women!)
352 pages.
Week 2 Book 2- COMPLETE! Bring it on week 3!!!!
Also, I'm still waiting for my gold star.
No comments:
Post a Comment